Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Laidback London.


One does not simply lie on instagram, so with my photo a couple of months ago I kind of obligated myself to buy these sandals. Sandals that were handmade by African communities, using traditional techniques and local leather from a family owned tannery. I can honestly say that I've never felt better buying a pair of shoes, justification is everything. My frail feet still need to adjust a little to the rough craftsmanship (one little piggy got skinned) but I'm sure I'll get to enjoy my sustainable footwear next summer. 

Do you want to empower local communities too? You can buy your own pair of sandals on the Laidback London website, soon there will be arriving an autumn/winter collection too. I can already give you a glimpse of the collection and it looks good! I love me some native boots. 




Cheers!
Naomi, x.

No comments:

Post a Comment